If you didn’t know this… Let me inform you. I have a HUGE sweet tooth!!! I think about sweets quite often and it can be a struggle to deal with cravings.
Did I cut them out of my life completely when I started eating well? Nope!
Can you still have a killer body and have treats? YUP!!
21 Day Fix Chocolate chip cookies
Serves: 26 (1 cookie each)
Prep time: 20 min
Cooking time: 16 min
3 cups almond flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup extra virgin organic coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup pure maple syrup (or raw honey)
1 large egg
2 large egg whites (¼ cup)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup semi sweet (or dark) chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine almond flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Mix well. Set aside.
- Beat oil and maple syrup in a large mixer bowl until creamy, approximately 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add egg, egg whites, and extract; beat for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add almond flour mixture to egg mixtures; mix until blended.
- Add chocolate chips; mix until just blended.
- Drop by rounded Tbsp. onto prepared baking sheet.
- Flatten cookies with a spatula if traditional cookie appearance is desired.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes, or until golden brown.*
Store in an airtight container and enjoy!
Nutritional info per serving:
21 day fix: 1.5 yellow containers
Total Fat: 10g
Saturated Fat: 3g