Thank you so much for visiting my website today! I have two super healthy recipes for you to try out this week. A dinner recipe with fish and a super flavorful breakfast recipe. Enjoy!
You can find the video showing these two recipes here:
No Fuss Fish & Veggies
This no fuss fish and veggie recipe is delicious and super simple! The use of parchment paper to steam the fish keeps everything moist and tender. It is common in restaurants to actually serve the fish still wrapped up inside the parchment paper.
4 oz. raw cod
1 dash sea salt (or Himalayan salt), divided use
1 dash ground black pepper, divided use
1 clove garlic, sliced thin
½ cup chopped mixed vegetables (like bell peppers, onions, and tomatoes)
2 thin slices lemon, seeds removed
2 sprigs fresh herbs (like tarragon or dill)
1 tsp. extra-virgin organic coconut oil (optional)
1 Tbsp. dry white wine (like Pinot Grigio)
1. Preheat oven to 375º F.
2. Season cod on both sides with 1 pinch salt and 1 pinch pepper.
3. Place cod in the center of a 12 x 12-inch square of parchment paper. Top with garlic. Set aside.
4. Season vegetables with remaining pinch salt and remaining pinch pepper; arrange on top of cod.
5. Top vegetables with lemon and herbs; drizzle with oil and wine.
6. Fold parchment in half over cod, crimp edges using overlapping ½-inch folds to form a tightly sealed half-moon shape.
7. Place parchment packet on baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes, or until cod is cooked through. A thermometer poked through the package into the thickest part of cod should read 145º F.
8. Place the packet directly onto a serving plate, cut top open, discard lemon and herbs; enjoy!
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per serving): Calories: 178 Total Fat: 6 g Saturated Fat: 1 g Cholesterol: 49 mg Sodium: 639 mg Carbohydrates: 10 g Fiber: 3 g Sugars: 3 g Protein: 22 g
Poached Eggs with Asparagus Toast
This next recipe is a delicious breakfast treat! The lemon garlic sauce gives it a really nice punch of flavor. My first attempt at this recipe, I overcooked my egg so the yolk was not very runny… but next time I will get it right! I am also going to use to eggs instead of just one for some extra protein. Here is the recipe:
½ tsp. olive oil
10 medium asparagus spears, trimmed
2 cups hot water
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
2 large eggs
2 slices low-sodium sprouted whole-grain bread (like Ezekiel®), toasted
2 Tbsp. Lemon Garlic Sauce (see separate recipe for Lemon Garlic Sauce)
Freshly ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
1. Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
2. Add asparagus; cook for 5 to 7 minutes, turning occasionally, or until tender-crisp. Set aside.
3. Bring water to a boil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add lemon juice; reduce heat to maintain a gentle boil.
4. Place one egg into a small bowl. Hold bowl close to the water’s surface and slip the egg into the water, repeat with remaining egg; cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until whites are completely set. Gently lift eggs out of water.
5. Spread each piece of toast with 1 Tbsp. Lemon Garlic Sauce. Top with five asparagus spears, one egg, and pepper (if desired).
6. Serve immediately.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per serving): Calories: 224 Total Fat: 11 g Saturated Fat: 2 g Cholesterol: 204 mg Sodium: 181 mg Carbohydrates: 20 g Fiber: 5 g Sugars: 2 g Protein: 12 g
Lemon Garlic Sauce:
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 large egg yolk, pasteurized*
2 cloves garlic, crushed 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard, gluten-free
1 Tbsp. whole-grain mustard,
gluten-free Sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1. Combine lemon juice, egg yolk, garlic, and mustards in a small bowl; mix well.
2. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Slowly add oil, whisking continuously until well blended.
I hope you enjoy both of these recipes. Let me know if you have any questions and what you think if you do try them!!